SPRINGFIELD -- Seven residents were displaced in a fire in a Forest Park home Wednesday night.
The fire was reported just after 5:30 p.m. at 88 Somerset St. When firefighters arrived, they found flames inside a first-floor bedroom wall, said Dennis Leger, executive assistant to Fire Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi.
The fire was extinguished quickly and caused about $10,000 in damage. An investigated determined it was caused by overheated electrical wiring, he said.
The Pioneer Valley American Red Cross is assisting the seven residents who were displaced, he said.